Unloading data with FORMAT BMCLOAD
For an example of this feature, see Example 19 — Unloading data to LOADPLUS.
To unload data that you plan to reload by using LOADPLUS
- Ensure that the table that you are unloading meets the requirements specified in Table structure considerations for FORMAT BMCLOAD.
- Specify FORMAT BMCLOAD with your UNLOAD command.
Specify CNTLCARDS BMCLOAD with your UNLOAD command.
NoteIf you specify or default to any other CNTLCARDS option, UNLOAD PLUS changes the value to BMCLOAD.
- If you are unloading an identity column that is defined as GENERATED ALWAYS, include the string 'IDENTITYOVERRIDE YES' on your CNTLCARDS BMCLOAD option.
Additionally, you must edit your generated LOAD control cards to add a field specification for the identity column.
- If you are unloading a system-period temporal table, include the string 'PERIODOVERRIDE TRANSIDOVERRIDE' on your INTO option.
- (recommended) Dynamically allocate your SYSREC data set.
- Ensure that your UNLOAD command does not contain any of the invalid or restricted commands described in Command options that are incompatible with FORMAT BMCLOAD.
- Ensure that your job meets additional requirements described in Additional restrictions and considerations for FORMAT BMCLOAD.
- After running your unload job, edit generated LOAD control cards as needed.
For example, if you are unloading columns that are defined as GENERATED ALWAYS, you must add field specifications for those columns.