Logs for core CMDB components
The logging for the core CMDB components such as the CMDB Engine, Normalization Engine, and Shared Plugins is enabled by default. Using this configuration, you can eliminate the downtime while enabling detailed logs.
You can access the logging settings in the Logging section of each core components at Configurations > Core Configurations.
The logs provide the following information:
- Timestamp — The date and time of the log entry.
- Log Type — The type of log entry: warning, error, or information.
- Message — The message for the log entry (classified into error, warning, and information categories).
Understanding Log Levels
Log levels determine the types of messages that are logged for the calls. The following different types of log levels are available in CMDB:
Logs the events that may lead the application to abort.
Logs the events in which application continues to run with some errors.
Logs the events that are potentially harmful situations.
Logs the events and calls with their results that highlight the progress of the application at high level.
Logs the events and calls with input and output values that are useful to debug an application.
|Trace||Logs the events that can be used to trace the information for solving support issues in production environment without disturbing a running system.|
|Clear||Logging is disabled.|
- No file system access is required for making any configuration changes.
- For any change to logging configurations to take effect you do not need to restart the BMC Remedy AR System server.
You can perform all the Atrium CMDB configurations through the Centralized Configuration System (CCS). For more information, see