BMC CMDB configuration issues
The following topics provide information for resolving common configuration issues that you might encounter with BMC CMDB:
To troubleshoot maximum client transactions error
If you receive the following AR System error 897, you may not have set a parameter in the AR System configuration file (ar.cfg or ar.conf ).
Error (897): Maximum number of client transactions already in use.
In the AR System configuration file (ar.cfg or ar.conf ), modify the
AR_SERVER_INFO_MAX_CLIENT_MANAGED_TRANSACTIONS parameter. Since the default is 0, this parameter must be set prior to using client managed transaction functions. Note that the maximum amount that can be set is 100.
- Do not execute long running processes or APIs in the transaction.
- Do not use the same transaction handle in multi-threaded API calls.
- Make sure that the transaction is as small as possible to reduce the chance of deadlock.
- When running concurrent transactions, make sure that there is no data overlap between transactions
When implementing CMDB client managed transaction function calls, you will receive BMC Remedy AR System error messages because the client managed transaction CMDB C API functions rely on the corresponding AR System C API functions.
For more information on AR System C APIs, see Developing. For more information on the AR System configuration file, see in the BMC Remedy AR System online documentation.
To troubleshoot the dataset configuration
- Click Dataset Configuration, and verify that the dataset is not set to Trusted.
If the dataset is marked as Trusted, the data model changes are not normalized.
- Verify the setting for Inline error handling:
- If set to Reject, the CMDB is not updated if there is a normalization error. Enable logging to see the error messages.
- If set to Accept, the CMDB is updated even if there is a normalization error.
- If the Normalization mode is set to Continuous, verify that the event or time is configured.
- Verify that the dataset settings are not preventing the common data model update.