Working with related CIs
In BMC Atrium Explorer, you can view configuration items (CIs) and their relationships as a graphical map. You can traverse this map from one CI to another to view relationships at all levels throughout your environment. The display pane in BMC Atrium Explorer provides an Asset view of the BMC Asset dataset so that you can browse the production CIs and their relationships in the view. You can also view CIs and their relationships in a popup. For more information, see Working with CIs and relationships in a popup.
To work with CIs and relationships in the view
- In the Find section of the BMC Atrium Explorer navigation pane, query for the CI that you want to view.
For more information about finding CIs, see BMC Atrium Core queries and BMC Atrium Explorer and building queries.
- Drag one or more instances from the results list to the display pane.
You can drag an instance from the results list to a view only if the view's dataset is the same as the query's dataset. If the view's dataset differs from the query's dataset, a red X appears on the instance when you drag it and the instance is moved back to the results list. Additionally, the following message appears in the display pane: CI dataset does not match view dataset
- Right-click in the display pane and select View as Production to see the production instances in your environment.
The Asset view and only the production instances appear in the display pane.
- (optional) Click the expand arrows on a CI icon to view related CIs.
- (optional) Select an instance and view its properties in the Properties section of the navigation pane.
- (optional) Select a filter from the Choose filter list inside the display pane.
Filters limit the instances that appear in a view. For more information about filters, see BMC Atrium Explorer filters.