Using filters to restrict which instances are displayed
When you create a filter, you can also determine whether that filter can be used by others or only by you. Shared filters are available to everyone. Personal filters are available only to you.
To create a filter
- In the BMC Atrium Explorer toolbar, click Manage Filters.
- In the Filters dialog box, click New.
- In the FilterName field of the Filter dialog box, enter a name for the filter.
The maximum number of characters that you can enter in the FilterName field is 32.
- Determine whether the filter is available to others by selecting either Shared Filter or Personal Filter.
- (optional) In the Description field, provide information about the purpose of the filter, such as whether it is meant to exclude certain types of instances, or when the filter should be applied.
- If you want to filter instances that are marked for deletion, select the Show deleted items check box.
- Select the classes that are included or excluded by the filter:
- From the Available Classes list, select one or more classes, and then click the right arrow to move those classes to the Selected Classes list.
- Select values for Show the selected classes/Hide the selected classes to determine whether the selected classes are included or excluded by the filter.
- Click OK.
To use a filter
- Query the configuration items (CIs) that you want to view in BMC Atrium Explorer.
- Drag the CIs into the display pane.
- Expand the CIs as needed.
For example, you can view the CIs in the view or in a popup.
- Select a filter from the Choose filter list inside the display pane.
The view or popup is displayed again, with the CI or relationship instances excluded from the view.