Using BMC Remedy ITSM or BMC Remedy AR System class forms to find CIs
An alternative to using queries is using BMC Remedy IT Service Management (BMC Remedy ITSM) or BMC Remedy AR System class forms. This method lets you find configuration items (CIs) of the class whose form you open and instances of its subclasses. This alternative is available for all instances present in a view.
To use BMC Remedy ITSM or BMC Remedy AR System class forms to find CIs
- In a BMC Atrium Explorer view, click an instance of the class you want to search and select Edit.
- If the BMC Remedy ITSM applications are installed (7.6.03 or later), BMC Atrium Explorer opens the Asset view of the instance. For example, if you edit a computer system CI, the Computer System form (AST:ComputerSystem) is displayed.
- Otherwise, BMC Atrium Explorer opens the instance in its class form. For example, if you edit a computer system CI, the BMC.CORE:BMC_ComputerSystem class form is displayed.
BMC Asset Management does not have forms for all the classes in the CDM. If no Asset view of the instance exists, BMC Atrium Explorer opens the instance in its class form.
- Click New Search to enable the Search mode of the form.
- (optional) Enter the search criteria in the form fields, in the advanced search bar, or a combination of both.
- Click Search.
The form displays the instances in a results list.
Another method is available to you if your BMC Remedy AR System administrator has configured the AR System Object List in the BMC Remedy Mid Tier. By opening the Object List with the following URL, all the BMC Remedy AR System forms that you are permitted to access are displayed: http://<midTierServer>:<port>/arsys/forms. For more information, see the Using the Object List in the BMC Remedy AR System Online Documentation.