Typical normalization setup
In a server group environment, you do not need to duplicate normalization configurations for primary and secondary servers, which use the same database. The normalization configurations are saved to the database. The Normalization Engine runs on every server in the group but the normalization jobs are scheduled only on the primary server.
Do not run a batch normalization job simultaneously on the same dataset on the primary and secondary servers to avoid possible errors.
Normalization engine does not support failover mechanism.
To set up normalization
- Configure each dataset for normalization. See Normalization settings for datasets.
- Add any custom classes that you have created. See Configuring classes for normalization.
- Set up aliases for normalization. See Setting up aliases for normalization.
- Select the mode (inline, continuous, and batch) for when to normalize datasets. See Normalization modes.
- View normalization job history and details. See Monitoring normalization jobs.