Testing connectivity with BMC Atrium Service Context providers
When you configure BMC Atrium Service Context, multiple providers are configured in the UDDI registry. You can verify if the providers are configured correctly and can be connected.
To test connectivity with BMC Atrium Service Context providers
- Go to BMC Atrium Core > Service Context Administration.
- Click the Test Connections tab.
- Click Test.
The test results display the Service Context providers from the UDDI repository, the Attribute Loading Test Result and the Data Loading Test Result.
The following information is displayed:
- All the Service Context providers from the UDDI repository.
- The Attribute Loading Test Result section lists each of the providers with the following details:
- Application: From where the attributes are loaded
- URL: URL of the providers web service
- Result: If connection failed or succeeded
- Number of attributes loaded: Number of attributes loaded from the application
- Attribute names: Names of attributes loaded from application
- The Data Loading Test Result section lists each of the providers with the following details:
- Application: Name of application from you want to read data
- URL:URL of the providers web service
- Result: Status of attributes from which it was possible to read data.
Service Context debug log level
If errors or exceptions are displayed in these test results, turn on the debug level logs for service context as shown in the preceding figure.
If the log does not give enough information, you must find out the root cause of the error. Run the mid-tier from command line instead of running it from services, which provides detailed log messages, and can help in locating the root cause.