Synchronizing CMDB class forms for BPCU-created overlays
If you used the Best Practice Conversion Utility (BPCU) to create overlays on a custom class form, perform this procedure to synchronize the BMC Atrium Core class forms with the forms in other applications (for example, BMC Remedy Asset Management). For more information, see Using BPCU to generate overlays for modified legacy objects.
If you created overlays on a custom class form, perform these steps before you upgrade the AR System server, so that your customizations are preserved after the upgrade is finished.
To synchronize CMDB class forms
- Log on to the server where BMC Atrium CMDB and BMC Remedy ITSM are installed.
- Open the BMC Remedy AR System Administration Console.
- Open the Server Information window and make sure that Cache All Display Properties is set.
- Open the CMDB class form in Developer Studio, and verify that the class forms that start with BMC.CORE, BMC.MAINFRAME, BMC.AM, and BMC.SIM which are out-of-the-box classes and other custom CMDB classes are in Unmodified state. Make sure there are no overlays present.
If the class form is in Custom state, complete the procedure described in Converting custom objects to origin objects to convert custom objects.
- Open the Application Administration Console.
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Asset Management > Advanced Options > Sync Asset UI with CMDB, and then click Open.
- On the Sync Asset UI with CMDB form, click Class Name, and then select the BMC Asset Inventory form (Class Name) to synchronize with BMC Atrium CMDB.
From this form you can call the CDMB2ASSET function.
- Click Update Asset UI and the system will generate or update Asset UI for the CMDB class and any subclasses of it.
The class and its subclasses will be updated with any changes in the BMC Atrium CMDB.
For more information, see Synchronizing the BMC Asset Inventory forms with BMC Atrium CMDB.
- Verify that a record is created in the Application Pending form.
This action starts the Sync-UI action.