Specifying source and target details
To specify source and target details
- In the Atrium Integrator console, click Create Job .
- In the Overview page, click anywhere on the screen.
The General page appears.
General page of the Integration Job Builder wizard
- In the General page, enter the name and description of the job.
- In the Specify Data Store Details for Source area, specify the type and name of the external data store.
If you do not have a data store connection to your source data, click Data Store to create a new connection. For more information, see Creating a new data store connection in Atrium Integrator.
In the Specify Data Store Details for Target area, select the name of the data store and DatasetID of the BMC Atrium CMDB class to which you are transferring data.
If you do not have a data store connection to BMC Atrium CMDB, click Data Store to create a new connection. For more information, see Creating a new data store connection in Atrium Integrator.
Do not use Atrium Integrator to transfer data directly into the BMC Asset dataset. Instead, transfer the data into staging dataset and then reconcile it into BMC Asset.
- Click Next. The Next button is enabled only after the Job Name, Source and Target Name, and DatasetID fields have valid entries.
The CI Type Selection page appears.