Setting log levels for BMC Atrium Core web service logs
You can use the atrium_serviceconfig service to configure logging level for the deprecated cmdbws and the BMC Atrium Core web services. These levels determine the types of messages that BMC Atrium Core logs for each web service call.
bmc.cmdbws.log.level property enables you to set logging levels for the cmdbws web services. To set logging levels for all other BMC Atrium Core web services, use the
bmc.atrium.log.level property. The default logging level for the web services is set to WARN. The various logging levels are:
- Info — Lowest level possible. It provides the entrance and exit points for operation and loading operations.
- Error — Contains the same information as Info, and includes fault messages or other error conditions.
- Warning — Contains the same information as Error and includes information about warnings.
- Debug — Contains the same information as Warning and includes debug level statements. Each log line provides the service class and method name that the error occurred in, along with artifacts (like incoming and outgoing SOAP messages, or stack traces).
- Trace — The highest level of logging possible. Contains the same information as Debug, and includes trace level statements. Each line also provides the filename and line number in which the log occurred.
For more information about configuring BMC Atrium Core web services, see Getting started with BMC Atrium Core Web Services.