Resetting reconciliation identities
This procedure resets reconciliation IDs to 0, which allows the Reconciliation Engine to assign correct reconciliation IDs during the next reconciliation process.
You might need to reset reconciliation IDs of Configuration Items (CIs) in your source or destination dataset if they are identified incorrectly or if your reconciliation rules are configured incorrectly.
When you reset reconciliation IDs by using the By Class option, IDs of component instances related to weak relationships are also reset. For example, if you reset the IDs of
BMC_ComputerSystem instances, the IDs of components (such as
BMC_Monitor ) that are related to those instances through
BMC_HostedSystemComponents relationships are also reset.
To reset reconciliation identities
- Start the
For information about starting the
cmdbdiagprogram, see Verifying your data model using the cmdbdiag program.
- At the Main Menu prompt, type 2.
- At the CI and Relationship Correction Tool submenu prompt, type 1.
- At the By dataset or class prompt, perform the appropriate action:
- To reset reconciliation IDs in all datasets, type class.
- Enter the namespace within which the class exists, or press Enter to accept the default value of
- Enter the name of the class.
- Type y to reset reconciliation IDs for all instances of the class, or press Enter to reset the reconciliation ID for specific instances.
- If you are resetting IDs for all instances in the class, skip to the next step. If you are resetting IDs for specific instances, enter the number of instances for which you want to reset the reconciliation IDs.
- Enter the ID of the first instance for which you want to reset the reconciliation ID and follow the prompts to specify each instance that you want to reset.
- To reset reconciliation IDs in a specific dataset, press Enter and provide a dataset ID.
- At the Do you want to continue prompt, type y to reset reconciliation identities