Relating datasets and Identification rulesets for reconciliation
After you define how to identify instances with identification rules, you must select the dataset to identify.
To assign an Identification ruleset to a dataset
- In the New Activity area, click Add Dataset Identification Group Association to relate a dataset with an Identification ruleset.
- From the Dataset list, select a dataset to identify.
This is a source dataset that has CI instances that need to be identified against a master, or production dataset. If the desired dataset is not available, see Creating datasets in the Reconciliation console.
- From the Identification Ruleset list, select the Identification ruleset that contains the rules for identifying the dataset's data.
The Identification rulesets are listed by the class that was selected when the ruleset was created.
- If you want instances from the dataset paired with the ruleset to be assigned an automatically generated identity when the source dataset does not already have an identity, select the Generate IDs check box next to the Identification ruleset.
For example, if you set Generate IDs to No on an Identification ruleset defined for
BMC_DiskDriveCIs and other component CIs that are destinations of a weak relationship with the computer system do not get automatically generated identities.
- Click Save.
You have added an Identify activity to a reconciliation job, which you can now run and monitor.
- For more information about starting jobs, see Starting and stopping a reconciliation job.
- For more information about monitoring jobs, see Viewing reconciliation job status, results, and history.