Reconciliation Engine merge activity issues
When you create a Merge activity in your reconciliation job, the Reconciliation Engine might generate errors if it finds erroneous endpoint information or if the job attempts to merge the same Configuration Items (CIs) multiple times.
- The Reconciliation Engine fails to merge CIs during a Merge activity because of missing endpoint for a relationship. The error message displayed in the Reconciliation Engine log includes
Cannot find the endpoint of relationship::<className>. This error occurs if you manually modify a CI and fail to modify its relationship, causing data integrity issues.
- During a Merge activity, the same CI seems to be merged more than once. The error message displayed on the Job History Console includes
Algorithm: Including child CIs and committing together. This error likely occurred because you selected Commit Together or Commit Separately for the Include Child CIs? option of the Merge activity but did not use a Qualification group to restrict the CIs to be merged. In this case, a child CI in a composite object is merged once on its own and once as part of the composite object.
This topic explains the solutions for erroneous endpoint information and CIs merged multiple times;
To resolve missing endpoints during the Merge activity
- Reset reconciliation ID to 0 for all instances in the specific dataset.
- Start the Identification and Merge activity.
To resolve CIs merged multiple times
- Select the Stand Alone option for the Include Child CIs? option of the Merge activity.
- Alternatively, attach a Qualification group to the activity to exclude CIs that will also be merged as part of a composite object.