Normalization Engine initialization errors
Use this information if the Normalization Engine generates errors during initialization.
When you start the BMC Remedy AR System server after installing BMC Atrium Core, you might encounter the following error in the AtriumPlugin.log:
<BMC.FILTERAPI.NORM.ENGINE>Initialization of NE is not done. Will try again after 2 minutes WARN ( ?:? ) - <BMC.FILTERAPI.NORM.ENGINE>Maximum number of attempts reached while trying to initialize - stopped initializing
This issue might occur due to the following reasons:
- The User ID and Password that you specified for the AR System server are incorrect.
- The Normalization Engine is waiting for the AR System server to complete the start up process. Therefore, it could not connect to the AR System server.
- The Product Catalog version that you installed is not the latest.
To troubleshoot Normalization Engine initialization errors
Perform the following steps to resolve this issue:
- Examine the neAPI.log file for additional error details.
- If the error occurred due to incorrect user name and password, try to connect to the AR System server with a user User ID that does not have a password (for example, the Demo user).
- If the error occurred due to connection issues, verify that the AR System server is running using the Ping MS DOS command from the computer on which the Normalization Engine is installed.
- If you are not able to connect to the server, your network might be down. This issue can also occur if the Normalization Engine is accessing another AR System server.
- From the SHARE:Application_Properties form, verify that the Product Catalog version that you have installed is the latest.
For more information about Product Catalog version compatibility, see http://www.bmc.com/support/reg/remedy-compatibility-tables.html?c=n