Inserting or updating bulk records in BMC Atrium CMDB
If you want to insert or update configuration items (CIs) in CMDB and if the source has bulk data, you need to cache the source records. Atrium Integrator uses the cache to take insert or update decisions.
To set number of CIs you want to retain in the cache, update the InMemoryCache field in the aiplugin.properties file located at: <AR install directory>/diserver/data-integration/ngie/conf
To insert or update bulk records in BMC Atrium CMDB
- In Atrium Integrator Spoon, open the job you created.
- Double-click the CMDBOutput step.
- Select Use cache.
For jobs created through Atrium Integrator console, the Use Cache option is set by default.
Cache for each transformation is created in the $ATRIUMINTEGRATOR_HOME$/AIcachefolder.
In Atrium Integrator server group enviornment, the cache is created on the the server from where you execute a job. For example, if server A is the primary server and server B is the secondary server, and if you execute the job from server B, the cache will be created on server B. If you schedule a job on a server with the cache enabled and then schedule the same job on another server within the server group, you must manually copy the cache to the second server to avoid a negative impact on the performance.
- Select Only insert new CIs.
- If you don't select this option, a record in CMDB is updated only if that record is changed in the source. This behaviour is similar to the CRC logic in Atrium Integrator Engine.
- In the Update fields table, in the Update column select Y for columns you want to be always updated in CMDB.
In Update column if you select N that column is not considered during updates.
CIs are updated in the CMDB only when the CIs meet the qualification criteria. Qualification criteria is similar to Update Query in Atrium Integration Engine.