Implementing BMC Atrium Core
This section describes the tasks necessary to implement your BMC Atrium Core solution end-to-end, including configuring permissions, bringing data into to BMC Atrium Configuration Management Database (BMC Atrium CMDB), and reconciling that data into the production dataset for consuming applications.
To implement BMC Atrium Core, complete this ordered series of procedures. Each procedure is explained in its own section, which also describes recommendations. However, the purpose of this section is not to provide the detailed steps for each procedure, which are given in the referenced documents. Instead, this section lays out the order of the procedures and reveals important points for the overall process. In doing so, it uses the following diagram to focus attention on the particular point in the context of the whole process.
For a video demonstration of the core pieces of this process, see Taking Your Data Into Production End to End (video).
Some of these steps might not be relevant to your situation, and you can perform some in a different order from that shown in this process.
- Configure permissions and multitenancy for access to BMC Atrium Core components, to classes and attributes, and to instances.
- Configure the BMC Atrium Product Catalog and the approved software and hardware.
- Configure the data model as needed for imported data.
- Create datasets as needed for imported data.
- Configure Atrium Integrator for importing data.
- Configure normalization for system defaults and individual datasets.
- Configure reconciliation.
- Create the service model that contains the services IT offers the business, and the IT infrastructure configuration items (CIs) necessary to deliver services.
- Use discovery tools, Atrium Integrator, and manual tasks to import data into BMC Atrium CMDB.