Exporting reconciliation definitions
You can export reconciliation definitions from one server and import them on another server.
The settings are saved in an .arx structure to the clipboard, which you must save to a text file. You can export two types of information:
- Reconciliation job definitions — You must save each job to a separate file. This data includes all the settings for the jobs, activities, and qualifications.
- Dataset — For each dataset, you can export the accessibility, account ID, security settings, dataset type, creation and modification data, normalization status, identification status, reconciliation ID, and other information.
To import the settings and jobs to a Reconciliation Engine on another server, you must use the BMC Remedy Data Import CLI. For more information, see Importing reconciliation definitions.
Do not save the file using Microsoft Notepad because it does not save the carriage returns and line feeds (CR+LF) properly. Use a plain text editor that retains CR+LF. Otherwise, importing the definitions fails.
To export reconciliation jobs and datasets
- From the Reconciliation console, click Export.
- Perform one of the following steps:
- In the Export Jobs tab, select a job.
- In the Export Dataset Editor tab, select a dataset.
- In a text editor, paste the copied job settings.
- Save the file with a .arx extension.