Creating users with Drift Management permissions
If you do not have BMC Remedy Change Management or BMC Remedy Incident Management installed, create Drift Management users in the User form.
If you do have BMC Remedy Change Management or BMC Remedy Incident Management installed, create Drift Management users in the People form through the Application Administration Console.
If you have any of the BMC Remedy ITSM application installed, you should always configure users by opening the People form from the Application Administration Console. Information that you add or modify on the People form automatically updates the User form, but information updated on the User form does not update the People form.
Do not modify the Demo user's Fixed Write license or Administrator group membership until you have created another Administrator user first, or you will lose administrator privileges.
To create a user with Drift Management permissions in the User form
- Using BMC Remedy User or a browser, log in to BMC Remedy AR System as an administrator.
- From the AR System Administration Console, select Application > Users/Groups/Roles > Users.
The User form opens in Search mode.
- Select Actions > New to switch to New mode.
- Enter information in the appropriate fields, including required fields.
- Depending on the user's role in the company, specify the appropriate license type.
- From the Group List field, make sure that the user is a member of the group that is mapped to the role, or map one of the user's existing groups to the role.
For example, the Drift Master role requires that you assign that person to the Drift Master group. This individual can also be assigned to other groups.
Save your changes.
If adding the user causes you to exceed your license limit, an error message appears.
To create users with Drift Management permissions in the People form
The application administrator must have a BMC Remedy AR System license. You can log in as appadmin to define the application administrator.
- Open the Application Administration Console.
- From the Standard Configuration tab, select the appropriate company.
- Click the Create link next to Step 4 People.
The People form appears.
- Enter all the required information, as marked by bold field labels.
- Depending on the user's role in the company, specify his or her license type.
- Click the Login/Access Details tab.
- In the Unrestricted Access field, select Yes.
- In the Application Permission area, click Update Permission Groups.
The Permission Group dialog box appears.
- In the Permission Group field, select each appropriate permission group to which this user should belong.
- Select a license type.
- Click Add/Modify for each permission group, as needed.
For example, the Drift Master role requires that you assign that person to the Drift Master group.
- To enable this user to create change requests (with the Drift Management integration), add the user to the Change Master or Change User permission group.
- To enable this user to create incident requests (with the Drift Management integration), add the user to the Incident Master or Incident User permission group.
- Click Close.
The application administrator's information is stored in the User form and the application People form.
If adding the user causes you to exceed your license limit, an error message appears. In this case, either reassign existing licences or contact BMC for additional licenses.
For more information about the People form, see the Configuring after installation in BMC Remedy IT Service Management online documentation.