Creating normalization rules to set row-level permissions
Use Row Level Security rules to set the instance permissions. For more information, see Normalization and instance permissions.
Before You Begin
In the Dataset Configuration, you must enable the Instance-Level Permissions feature so that the Normalization Engine can apply the row-level permission rules to the selected datasets. For more information, see Normalization settings for datasets.
To create normalization rules for row-level permissions
- In the Normalization console, click Normalization Features.
- In the Row Level Security tab, click Create New Rule.
- In the Row Level Security Rule dialog box, configure the following parameters.
- Active — Click to activate the rule so that the Normalization Engine can apply the rule on datasets.
- Class Type — Select whether rule applies to CIs or Relationships.
- For relationships, click Details to create the required qualifications.
In Relationship Details, configure the following parameters:
- Source Class — Select the parent class in the relationship.
- Destination Class — Select the child class in the relationship.
- Qualifier — Type the qualification or click Building a qualification for a reconciliation activity. to build qualifications interactively in the Qualification Builder. Use BMC Remedy AR System qualifications to define the CIs or relationships to which the custom rule applies. For information about using the Qualification Builder, see
- Class Name — Select the class to create a rule for.
- Rule Name — Enter a descriptive name for the rule.
- Precedence — Enter a value to determine the rule's execution order. The value can be 0 to 9999999, inclusive, with higher numbers determining a higher priority. If more than one rule applies to an instance, the Normalization Engine applies the rules sequentially from the highest precedence value to the lowest, until a match is found.
- Qualifier — Type the qualification or click Building a qualification for a reconciliation activity.
. Use BMC Remedy AR System qualifications to define the CIs or relationships to which the rule applies. For information about using the Qualification Builder, see
- In the Row Permission table, for each group, click the View and Change check boxes to enable or disable read and write permissions.
- Click OK.
The rule is available for normalization.