Creating a Precedence Association for reconciliation Merge activities
A Precedence Association links a dataset with a Precedence set and is reusable among Merge activities.
Each Merge activity is linked to one Precedence Association that determines the precedence for each dataset that participates in the activity.
If you have upgraded to version 8.1.00, consider the following notes.
- You are no longer required to explicitly create precedence associations. These associations are handled intenally when you add precedence values to the datasets and their respective classes or attributes.
- In the user Interface the concept of tiebreaker is not valid. You cannot define multiple precedence sets for the same dataset.
- If you have upgraded from a previous version to version 8.1.00 or later If there is a tie for the highest precedence value between Precedence Sets, the dataset and set with the higher Tiebreaker Value takes precedence in the User Interface. Other precedences sets with lower tiebreaker values do not get reflected in the new UI. They are ignored.
- For changes related to Precedence Set editor and Standard Rules Editor see, Reconciliation Engine enhancements in version 8.1.00.
To create a Precedence Association
- In the Precedence area of the Merge activity, click the ... button.
- In the Precedence Association Editor, enter a name for the association.
- Click Add Precedence Association.
- From the Dataset list, select a source dataset.
- From the Precedence Set list, select an existing Precedence Set.
- Select a Tiebreaker Value for this pairing within the set.
If there is a tie for the highest precedence value between Precedence Sets, the dataset and set with the higher Tiebreaker Value takes precedence in merges.
- Click Save.
- Click Save, and then click Close.