Creating a job in Atrium Integrator Spoon
You can use Atrium Integrator Spoon to import and export data from inputs like LDAP, BMC Remedy AR Systems forms, BMC Remedy ITSM forms, and those requiring complex staging tasks or complex data manipulations. BMC provides several sample jobs that you can use as a starting point. You can also refer to sample transformations for each step, which can be accessed from the following location:
For more information about different complex jobs, see Complex jobs in BMC Atrium Integrator Spoon.
- Use a naming convention for jobs and transformations that makes them easy to identify. Use the same name prefix to identify related jobs and transformations.
- Use variables for file paths or computer-specific connection information so that file paths and so forth can be determined dynamically instead of statically. You can refer to the Sample jobs for this information.
- When you create a transformation from Atrium Integrator Spoon, ensure that the AR server connnection used in the CMDBInput CMDBOutput, LookUp, ARInput, and AROutput steps has an entry in the UDM:RAppassword form with the Remedy Application service user and its password.
To customize a sample job or transformation
- On the computer where the Atrium Integrator Spoon client installed, select Start > Programs > BMC Software > AR System > BMC Atrium Integrator Spoon.
The AR Server connection dialog box appears.
AR Server Connection
- Log on as follows:
- From the AR Server list, select the BMC Remedy AR System server on which you have installed the BMC Remedy AR System database.
- In the User Name field, enter the user name for the BMC Remedy AR System server.
For information about the user name that you must specify, see Atrium Integrator permissions.
- In the Password field, enter the credentials for the BMC Remedy AR System server.
- Click OK.
- In the Atrium Integrator Spoon window, select Tools > Repository > Explore.
The Repository explorer dialog box shows the sample jobs and transformations in the BMCSAMPLES directory.
- Double-click a sample job or transformation.
- Select File > Save as.
In the properties window, enter a name for the job or transformation and then click OK.
The sample job or transformation is saved with the name that you specify.
When you create an BMC Remedy AR System transformation from Atrium Integrator Spoon, the records inserted and updated are displayed in the Output column of the Step Matrix table.
Edit the job or transformation as needed.
When you schedule a job from Atrium Integrator Spoon, the scheduling information is not updated the AR System Job and AR System Item forms.
For more information about creating a job in Atrium Integrator Spoon, see the Spoon User Guide at http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/EAI/Spoon+User+Guide .