Correcting invalid relationship instances
Use this procedure to delete relationships for which either of the Configuration Item (CI) endpoints does not exist. For each endpoint of a relationship instance, the program can correct the class ID, dataset ID, and reconciliation ID.
To troubleshoot invalid relationship instances
- Start the
- For information about starting the
cmdbdiagprogram, see Verifying your data model using the cmdbdiag program.
- Log in to the BMC Remedy AR System server and at the Main Menu prompt, type 2.
- At the CI and Relationship Correction Tool submenu prompt, type 3.
- At the All datasets [y, n] prompt, perform the appropriate action:
- To correct invalid relationship instances in all datasets, type y.
- To correct invalid relationship instances in a specific dataset, press Enter and provide a dataset ID.
- Enter a name for the output file, or press Enter to accept the default file name.
If you enter a file name manually, you must specify an absolute path for the file (for example, C:\CorrectRelationshipsReport.txt ). Otherwise, the program saves the report file in the same directory as the
- At the Do you want to continue? prompt, type y to correct invalid relationships.