Converting the extension files
After you create an installation activity file, you convert the extension files. After exporting the class extensions and creating the required files, you must convert them to the new format, which creates the ExtensionLoader.xml file. This file contains the commands and parameters needed to install the extensions. The generated file is saved as ExtensionLoader.xml in the specified directory.
Before you begin
You must have exported the class extensions and created the package.xml and installation activity files.
To convert the extension file
- From the Configuration tab, select the Generate Extensions XML File tab.
- Click Browse to locate and select a directory in which to save the generated XML file.
- Click Next, and then click Generate.
A generation summary indicates if the generation succeeded or failed, including a brief reason for the failure, such as
The structure of the XML is not proper. Ensure tags are closed correctly.
- For a failure, click View Log to find details.
- In the atriumcore_configuration_log.txt window, sort by Severity.
- Look for SEVERE messages highlighted in red.
- Select a message to display the details at the bottom of the window.
- Click Done to return to the initial generation view.