Configuring standard identification rules for reconciliation
You can modify the standard identification rules, or you can add new rules.
For example, if you have created class or attribute, you can add a rule for it. If you have multiple datasets with the same classes, you can specify that the class attributes for one dataset has higher precedence than those class attributes in other datasets.
When you modify the standard identification rules, you change the rules for all datasets and all jobs that use the standard identification rules.
Before you begin
- Understand how the priority is used in identification rules.
- For any new classes, determine the attributes that uniquely identify instances of the class.
To edit or add identification rules for reconciliation
- From the Reconciliation console, click Standard Rules Editor.
- In the Identification Rules tab, you can modify existing rules.
- Expand a class and a priority, then select an attribute.
- Select a new value from the Priority list.
- To create a new rule, click Add Rule.
- Select from the Class, Namespace, Attribute, and Priority lists to define a new identification rule.
- Click Save.