Configuring server queue settings
By correctly configuring the BMC Remedy AR System server where BMC Atrium CMDB is installed you can prevent data bottlenecks.
To set the minimum and maximum number of server threads
- In the AR System Home page, select AR System Administration > AR System Administration Console.
- In the AR System Administration Console, go to System > General > Server Information.
- To configure the server queue settings, click on Ports and Queues tab.
- Set the minimum number of Fast and List server threads to match the number of CPU cores on this computer.
- Set the maximum number of Fast server threads at three times the number of CPU cores, but do not exceed 32.
- Set the maximum number of List server threads at five times the number of CPU cores, but do not exceed 32.
For example, if the AR System server computer has four CPU cores, you should make the settings shown in the following table. .
Server Queue settings for a four-CPU computer
RPC Program Number