This topic lists the out-of-the-box CMDB indexes that should always exist. If any index listed on this page is missing, it may lead to performance issues. To resolve any performance issue that may occur due to the missing index, you must add the missing index in the system.
List of out-of-the-box Indexes.
The following table displays the out-of-the-box indexes that must always exist in your system.
|400127400, 530060400, 530060500|
Steps to add missing indexes
The following steps pertain to adding system indexes only. To add or edit custom indexes, refer Specifying class indexes from the Class Manager.
- Open BMC Remedy Developer Studio and log in.
- From the AR System Navigator tab, expand the source server and under All Objects select Forms.
- In the forms window, double-click the BMC.CORE:BMC_BaseElement to open it.
- Select the Definitions tab.
- In the Definitions tab, click the Indexes panel.
- Click New.
- Select the new index.
- To add fields to the index, click Add and complete the Field Selector dialog box for each field.
- You can combine multiple fields into a composite index.
- You can enter as many as 16 fields.
- You should add the fields in the order you want them indexed, or you can use the Up and Down buttons to put them in the correct order.
- Each indexed field must be less than or equal to 255 characters, but the composite Index can have a total length greater than 255.
- You can use the Remove and Remove All buttons to remove fields form the index.
- Save the form.
Repeat the above steps for the BMC.CORE:BMC_BaseRelationship form to add the missing indexes.