Changing the special BMC Remedy AR System publisher
A BMC Remedy AR System user is designated to have publishing privileges. The installer sets this by default to the BMC Remedy AR System administrator user that you specified during installation to enable it to perform administrator operations. However, you can change to another BMC Remedy AR System user. This BMC Remedy AR System user can be any that you choose to designate as a special publisher for the UDDI server, regardless of its privileges in the BMC Remedy AR System server.
- Do not change the following items when working with these files:
bmc.juddi.auth.localuser.userproperty in the <ATRIUMCORE_HOME>/wsc/bmcuddi/tomcat/webapps/uddi/WEB-INF/classes/bmcauth.properties file.
juddi.root.publisherproperty in the <ATRIUMCORE_HOME>/wsc/bmcuddi/tomcat/webapps/uddi/WEB-INF/classes/juddiv3.properties file.
- Do not rename or modify any of the files under <ATRIUMCORE_HOME>/wsc/bmcuddi/tomcat/webapps/uddi/WEB-INF/classes/juddi_custom_install_data.
To change the special publisher
- In a text editor, open the bmcauth.properties file in <ATRIUMCORE_HOME>/wsc/bmcuddi/tomcat/webapps/uddi/WEB-INF/classes/.
- Change the
bmc.ar.publisher.nameproperty to the new AR user name that will act as a publisher.
- Stop the Tomcat server that hosts UDDI Registry Server.
- To overwrite the existing file, copy the <ATRIUMCORE_HOME>/wsc/bmcuddi/tomcat/webapps/uddi/WEB-INF/classes/bmcauth.properties file to the TOMCAT_HOME/webapps/uddi/WEB-INF/classes directory.
- Start the Tomcat server.