BMC Atrium CMDB component of BMC Atrium Core
BMC Atrium Configuration Management Database (BMC Atrium CMDB) stores information about the configuration items (CIs) in your IT environment and the relationships among them. BMC Atrium CMDB should reflect your current environment — how it exists now rather than what it should be. For a detailed definition of configuration items, see Configuration items in an ITIL CMDB.
Data providers, such as discovery applications, put data into BMC Atrium CMDB, where it is partitioned into separate datasets. This data is then brought together into a consolidated production dataset that you use as the single source of reference for your IT environment.
Consuming applications, such as BMC Remedy IT Service Management (BMC Remedy ITSM), BMC Asset Management, BMC Service Level Management, applications represented in , and more, use the data in the production dataset.
BMC Atrium CMDB includes the following components:
- BMC Atrium Explorer component of BMC Atrium CMDB
- BMC Atrium Impact Simulator component of BMC Atrium CMDB
- BMC Atrium Product Catalog and DML components of BMC Atrium CMDB
- Class Manager component of BMC Atrium CMDB
- Common Data Model component of BMC Atrium CMDB
- Normalization Engine component of BMC Atrium CMDB
- Reconciliation Engine component of BMC Atrium CMDB
- Service Catalog component of BMC Atrium CMDB