BMC Atrium CMDB and BMC Discovery Integration
As part of a fresh installation, BMC Atrium CMDB is available with preconfigured integration with BMC Discovery. The following tasks are performed automatically with this new ADDM-CMDB integration feature:
- Creation of BMC.ADDM Dataset
- Creation a Reconciliation Job having the following three activities
If you are upgrading from the previous version you must download the ADDM integration package. to download the ADDM integration package for Windows and Linux operating systems.
Viewing BMC.ADDM Dataset, and Reconciliation Jobs
Perform the following steps to check the details of the dataset and reconciliation jobs.
- Login to the BMC Remedy AR System.
- In a new browser window, open the AR Form - BMC.CORE.CONFIG:BMC_Dataset. Type BMC.ADDM in the Name field and then click Search. BMC.ADDM dataset created by default is displayed in the search results.
- Verify that the following drop-down lists have correct values:
- Accessibility: Writable
- DatasetType: Regular
- In the AR System Home page, select BMC Atrium Core > BMC Atrium Core Console. Click the Application Launcher bar that appears on the left side of the console and select Advanced > Reconciliation.
Select the BMC.ADDM - Identification, Merge, and Purge in the list of jobs in the Reconciliation tab and then click Edit Job icon.
Reconciliation job activities are listed in the Activities table in the Job Editor window. The Sequence column in the Activities table has incremental values denoting the sequence in which the activities will be completed.
ADDM job first syncs the data as it is from the BMC.ADDM source dataset to the BMC.ASSET dataset as a part of Identification and Merge activities. The Purge activity should be performed after this, and hence should be the last activity in order to ensure that CIs with MarkAsDeleted attribute as Yes are deleted from the source dataset.
- Select Purge activity in the Activities table and then click Edit Activity.
- In the Edit Activity window, ensure the following:
- Continue on Error check box is clear. This is to make sure that the purge activity stops in case an error occurs during the purge operation.
- BMC.ADDM is selected in the list of datasets.
- Verify in Target Dataset check box is selected with the value BMC Asset in the list. This is to make sure that the instances have been merged into the target dataset BMC.Asset before they are purged.