Viewing CI status in context of installed applications
Within companies, different organizations maintain and track different aspects of the business. For example, one organization might be responsible for incident management, and another might handle service requests for providing access to all business applications within the company. However, people working in the IT service request organization might not have access to incident management information. Without correct information about services and service owners, the different organizations might find it challenging to determine the health of a particular business service or the negative impact on the overall business if the service is out of order.
BMC Atrium Service Context enables you to easily view critical information about a business service and its performance. This information, such as related incidents, changes, and configuration items, is displayed in a summarized format that employees across your organization can access.
The following topics describe the key attributes that are displayed in BMC Atrium Service Context and how to configure them:
- Overview of BMC Atrium Service Context
- Applications that interact with BMC Atrium Service Context
- Attributes that are displayed in BMC Atrium Service Context
- Configuring attributes in the Service Context Administration window
- Configuring BMC Atrium Service Context cache and data retrieval settings
- Configuring BMC Atrium Service Context for BMC Remedy ITSM applications
For information on using BMC Atrium Service Context, see Viewing business service CI information by using BMC Atrium Service Context.