Viewing a compare activity report
After you run a compare activity to compare CIs between 2 different datasets the compare activity report is generated. In addition to other information this report displays information related to the common CIs that it finds in the datasets that are compared.
The common CIs names are displayed with their instance ID, which helps you to quickly identify the common CIs in both datasets.
The common CIs are those which have the Reconciliation ID in both of the datasets which are compared.
To view the compare report
- From the Reconciliation Engine run the Compare job.
- In the right pane, expand the completed compare activity.
- Click the Events slider bar and scroll to the compare report cell.
- Click on the show report icon next to the Comparision Report row to view the report.
The compare activity reports displays the following information:
- Job name
- Activity name
- Dataset names that are compared
- Total classes compared
The compare activity reports displays the following details about the CIs being compared:
- Class name to which the CI belongs to
- Number of matching instances in 1st dataset
- Number of matching instances in 2nd dataset
- Number of instances in 1st dataset, not in 2nd dataset
- Number of instances in 2nd dataset, not in 1st dataset
- Number of instances common to both datasets
If the compare activity finds a common CI in both datasets, the following information of those CI is displayed:
- Instance ID and Name of the CIs
- The attributes which doesn't match in these common CIs
- Based on the above difference in attributes the number of records which differ in these common CIs