Synchronizing CMDB class forms for BPCU-created overlays
If you used the Best Practice Conversion Utility (BPCU) to create overlays on a custom class form, perform this procedure to synchronize the BMC Atrium Core class forms with the forms in other applications (for example, BMC Remedy Asset Management). For more information, see Using BPCU to generate overlays for modified legacy objects.
If you created overlays on a custom class form, perform these steps before you upgrade the AR System server, so that your customizations are preserved after the upgrade is finished.
To synchronize CMDB class forms
- Log on to the server where BMC Atrium CMDB and BMC Remedy ITSM are installed.
- Open the BMC Remedy AR System Administration Console.
- Open the Server Information window and make sure that Cache All Display Properties is set.
- Open the CMDB class form in Developer Studio, and verify that the class form is in the Unmodified state. Make sure there are no overlays present.
If the class form is in Custom state, use the BMC Remedy Developer Studio overlay utility to convert the class form back to Unmodified state.
This utility converts Base objects to Custom and Custom objects to Base) in Developer Studio. For more information, see https://communities.bmc.com/communities/docs/DOC-14382#comment-6917
This utility is not a supported part of the product release and is offered "as-is".
- Stop BMC Remedy Developer Studio if it is already running.
- Copy com.bmc.arsys.studio.unsupported.overlayutils_7.6.4.xxxx.jar to <developerStudioInstallDirectory>/plugins.
- Start BMC Remedy Developer Studio.
- Open the Overlay form containing the field that you want to convert.
Save the form if it is already opened and modified.
- Choose Overlay Util > Convert View to Base.
- Open the Application Administration Console.
- From the Application Administration Console, click the Custom Configuration tab.
- From the Application Settings list, choose Asset Management > Advanced Options > Sync Asset UI with CMDB, and then click Open.
- On the Sync Asset UI with CMDB form, click Class Name, and then select the BMC Asset Inventory form (Class Name) to synchronize with BMC Atrium CMDB.
From this form you can call the CDMB2ASSET function.
- Click Update Asset UI and the system will generate or update Asset UI for the CMDB class and any subclasses of it.
The class and its subclasses will be updated with any changes in the BMC Atrium CMDB.
For more information, see Synchronizing the BMC Asset Inventory forms with BMC Atrium CMDB.
- Verify that a record is created in the Application Pending form.
This action starts the Sync-UI action.