Scenario for transferring data to BMC Atrium CMDB
Calbro Services needs to transfer its existing data about processors, disk drives, printers, and so on to their centralized database in New York. This data resides in multiple databases, flat files, and XML files in various locations across the globe. Calbro Services wants to transfer information from its Chicago, London, Dublin, and Adelaide sites to their New York centralized database. Calbro Services also wants to transfer the personnel records of employees from the Dublin site to the New York site.
This section describes a sample BMC Atrium CMDB scenario in which the Calbro Services administrator, Allen Allbrook, prepares his CMDB for Atrium Integrator, creates and runs an Atrium Integrator job, verifies its success, and schedules it to run repeatedly.
- Source data organization at Calbro Services
- Creating a database connection for Calbro data transfer
- Creating a Calbro data transfer job
- Editing the Transfer Calbro data job in Atrium Integrator Spoon
- Running the Transfer Calbro data job
- Monitoring the Transfer Calbro data job
- Verifying that Calbro's data is transfered in BMC Atrium CMDB