Preparing to upgrade web services
- To use web services for integrations among the product and third-party applications
- To make sure that web services are installed properly
To use web services for integrations among the product and third-party applications
- Install Java SE 1.6 (or later) before installing or upgrading the application.
Minimum required version
Windows, Solaris, Linux (Red Hat and SuSE)
Java SE 6 Update 17
HP-UX 11i Java SE 6.0.06
IBM Java 6 SR7
- Choose the web service option when you install BMC Remedy AR System.
If you install Java after installing BMC Remedy AR System, or do not select the web service option during installation of BMC Remedy AR ;System, you must reinstall BMC Remedy AR System.
The first time you use the web service after installation, you must access the Web Service Settings page in the Mid Tier Configuration Tool for this AR System server and enter Demo or another user name in the Anonymous User Name field. Otherwise, the following error message appears:
Error 149: A user name must be supplied....
To make sure that web services are installed properly
If the Java jvm.dll library is not added to the PATH environment variable, the following error is displayed at the end of the installation procedure:
arplugin can't find jvm.dll
You can resolve this in either of the following ways:
- Enter the Java jvm.dll library path in the
PATHenvironment variable before installing the BMC Remedy AR System server. The Java jvm.dll library path is found in the RuntimeLib tag of the Registry:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\1.5
- Reboot your system after the installation. When you install web services, the installer enters the Java jvm.dll path, but you must reboot before the change takes effect.