Preparing components and applications for ugrade
The BMC Remedy AR System suite installer prompts you to enter information about the BMC Remedy AR System database, which the installer creates during the installation. This database contains the BMC Remedy AR System server forms and field definitions, and also stores workflow data, structures, and permissions.
The following steps will help you prepare your system to install the BMC Remedy AR System server and database.
- Verify that you have at least the minimum BMC Remedy AR System feature disk space requirements to install.
If you are installing any applications on top of the BMC Remedy AR System server, check the application documentation for disk space requirements. Review the BMC Remedy AR System and BMC Atrium compatibility matrix for operational specifications.
- Back up your database and file system before you install.
If you are upgrading, back up your data, object definitions, and applications.
- Prepare to run the installers of the BMC products that you downloaded.
- Review the pre-installation considerations specific to UNIX and Windows (for example, setting environmental variables).
- Make sure that the server can be resolved to a server alias. If you are installing more than one server on a computer, make sure that each server has a unique server alias.
- Determine the ports that you will use.
- Check if you have installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (64-bit).
If Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (64-bit) is not installed, the installer checks for this version. If this version is not present, the installer installs the required version.
- If you are installing BMC Remedy AR System server features, review the following sections:
- Review the AR System pre-installation procedures (based on the features that you want to install):