Patch 3 for version 8.1.00: 8.1.00.003
This topic contains information about updates and fixes in this patch, and provides instructions for downloading and installing the patch.
- You can install this patch on 64-bit computers, not 32-bit.
- You must have installed BMC Atrium Core 8.1.00 before running the patch installer.
- When the BMC Atrium Core patch is being applied, the patch installer restarts the BMC Remedy AR System server as part of the installation process.
Reviewing the patches currently installed on your computer
To review all of the current patches installed on your computer, perform the following steps:
- Open the Maintenance Tool (installed under C:\Program Files\BMC Software\Atrium Core\atriumcore).
- Click Browse to Log.
- Scroll through the Navigation pane to find the <Product>InstalledConfiguration.xml file for the product patch that you installed; for example:
C:\Program Files\BMC Software\AtriumCore\AtriumCoreInstalledConfiguration.xml
- Double-click the file to open it in the Maintenance Tool.
- Click the Product Feature Map tab.
- Under Updates, review the patches installed on your computer.
(Click the image to expand it.)
Installing the patches and reviewing the results
The patch installer determines which modules are already installed on the target computer and then applies the patches only to those modules. For example, if you run the BMC Atrium Core patch installer on a computer that is running only the BMC Atrium Core server, then only the fixes relevant to the BMC Atrium Core server are applied.
To install the patches and review the results
You must disable escalations before you install the patch.
If you are installing the patch on a server group, you must disable escalations only while installing the patch on the administrator server.
- Download the patch installer from the BMC Electronic Product Download site, or navigate to the installation directory on the CD.
- Unzip the suite installer.
- Navigate to the Disk 1 folder.
- Start the installer:
- For Windows, run setup.cmd
- For UNIX, log on as root and run setup.sh
- In the lower-right corner of the Welcome panel, click Next.
- Review the license agreement, click I agree to the terms of license agreement, and then click Next.
- On the Patch contents panel, click the link to the Patch page on docs.bmc.com to review what is included in the patch, and then click Next.
- On the BMC Atrium Core User Inputs panel, review the AR System server values, and then click Next.
- On the Installation Preview panel, click Install.
- When the patch installation is finished and the Installation Summary panel appears, click View Log to review the SEVERE error messages or warnings in the product installer log.
Determine whether errors are due to network, host, or other environment-related issues.
The installation log is located in the %TEMP% folder of your computer; for example:
- Close the log when you finish.
- Click Done to exit the patch installer.
Use the Maintenance Tool to review the patch information.
Ensure that you re-enable escalations after you finish installing the patch.
To install the patch on a server group
- Shut down all of the nonadministrator servers in the server group.
- If you have configured a load balancer, disable the administrator server on the load balancer.
- Remove the administrator server from the server group.
- Disable escalations by following the instructions in Disabling escalations.
- Install the patch on the administrator server by following the instructions in Installing the patch and reviewing the results.
- Enable escalations.
- Add the administrator server back to the server group.
- Restart the administrator server.
- If you have configured the load balancer, enable the administrator server on the load balancer.
- On each of the nonadministrator servers, perform the following steps:
- Start the BMC Atrium Core service.
- Install the patch by following the instructions in Installing the patch and reviewing the results.
- Enable the server on the load balancer.
- Open the BMC Atrium Core Administration Console.
- Open Server Information.
- Click the Configuration tab.
- Select Disable Escalations.
(Click the image to expand it.)
- Click OK.
Performing a silent installation
- Use the Maintenance Tool to create an encrypted password.
Create a text file called Options.txt and add the following options that correspond to user input:
-J BMC_AR_USER=<AR System Admin User> -J BMC_AR_PASSWORD=<AR System User Password> -J BMC_AR_PORT=<AR System TCP Port> -J BMC_AR_SERVER_NAME=<Server Alias>
-J BMC_AR_USER=Demo -J BMC_AR_PASSWORD=DES\:51208e44b3bc2f3808839e457d4e2050 -J BMC_AR_PORT=0 -J BMC_AR_SERVER_NAME=vw-sjc-aus-idd04
- Open a command window and navigate to the Disk 1 folder.
- Run the installer with the
setup.cmd -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE= <pathToFile>\Options.txt
setup.sh -i silent -DOPTIONS_FILE= <pathToFile>/Options.txt
You must use an absolute path to the Options.txt file.
- Use the maintenance tool to review the patch information.