Opening Federation Manager
Use the Federation Manager application to manage all of the external data stores that you want to be available through BMC Atrium Configuration Management Database (BMC Atrium CMDB). An external source of data is most often a database, a CMDB compliant with the CMDBf standard, or forms on a BMC Remedy AR System server. External sources of data are represented in Federation Manager as data stores.
To open Federation Manager and view classes
- In a browser, enter the URL designated by an administrator. For example:
- <midTierServer> is the name of the web server where BMC Remedy Mid Tier is installed.
- <port> is the port number of the web server where BMC Remedy Mid Tier is installed, which is required only if the web server is not using the default port (80 if using Microsoft IIS or 8080 if using Apache Tomcat).
- In the login page, specify the following details:
- In the User Name field, type your user name.
- In the Password field, type your password.
- In the Authentication field, type the authentication string (if one was provided by an administrator)
- Click Login.
- In the AR System Home page, select Atrium Core > Atrium Core Console.
If you access multiple servers from the AR System Home page, you would select Atrium Core > Atrium Core Console.
A bar at the top of BMC Atrium Core Console displays the name of the current user. The Application Launcher bar appears on the left side of the console.
- Click the Application Launcher.
Use this bar to open applications such as BMC Atrium Explorer.
- Mouse over Applications, and then select Federation Manager.
The navigation pane in the Federation Manager lists all of the external data stores that you have configured. When you select a data store, details for the federated data available from that data store appear in the display pane.
The display pane contains tabs that provide access to different information for the selected data store:
- General — Lists the name and description of the selected data store.
- Retrieval Definitions — Enables you to administer the federated data classes and federated relationship classes associated with the selected data store. Retrieval definitions enable you to view federated data as if it were stored in BMC Atrium CMDB. For more information, see Retrieval method of federation.
- Launch Definitions — Enables you to administer launch interfaces and launch links, which launch federated data using a method that you configure. For more information, see Launch method of federation.