As a BMC Atrium Core administrator, you might need to modify the dataset configuration settings a dataset. The following tasks might be necessary:
- Modifying the accessibility or client list of a dataset that you created in the Reconciliation Engine.
- Restricting the default ability to directly create configuration items (CIs) in the BMC.ASSET dataset.
- Creating a dataset that you must later delete.
Be careful how you modify the dataset — especially datasets created by an installer (for example, BMC.ASSET ) — because your new settings might render it unusable. Do not modify the DatasetType, Name, ClassId, or CoreDatasetId settings.
To modify the dataset settings
- Open the BMC.CORE.CONFIG:BMC_Dataset form.
- Search for the dataset record.
Change the configuration settings to restrict users from creating CIs directly in the BMC Asset database with a back-end form (for example, BMC.CORE:BMC_ComputerSystem or AST:ComputerSystem).
BMC recommends that you create, modify, or delete CIs in the Sandbox dataset and only then promote them to the BMC.ASSET dataset.
- Change the Accessibility setting from Writable to Writable by client only.
- In the ClientTypeList field, enter a client ID (for example, 32 is the Reconciliation Engine).
If you add any client IDs in this field, only those clients can create, modify, or delete instances in the dataset. Client IDs are integer values and must be delimited by semicolons.
The following are the allowable client values:
- BMC Impact Publishing Server: 28
- BMC Impact Model Designer: 59
- Reconciliation Engine: 32
- Web browser: 9
- BMC Remedy User (discontinued in the 8.0.00 release of the BMC Remedy AR System): 3
- Click Save.
- To test the changes:
- Open BMC.CORE:BMC_ComputerSystem in a web browser.
- Create a new CI.
- Set the DatasetId to
- Save the record.
If you correctly modified the dataset, the server returns the following error message:
You don't have proper access to this dataset. :Dataset ID: BMC.ASSET. Current client type: 9 (ARERR 120124)