Migrating existing data exchanges to Atrium Integrator
The following topics provide information and instructions for migrating existing data exchanges to Atrium Integrator:
- Overview of the AIE to AI Migration Tool
- Data exchanges that are migrated to Atrium Integrator
- Limitations of AIE to AI Migration Tool when migrating data exchanges
- Migration of data exchange parameters to Atrium Integrator
- Migration of data exchange settings to Atrium Integrator
- Planning the migration of BMC Atrium Integration Engine data exchanges to Atrium Integrator
- Migrating BMC Atrium Integration Engine data exchanges to Atrium Integrator
- Scenario for migrating data exchanges to Atrium Integrator
BMC Atrium Integration Engine will be deprecated in a future release. BMC recommends that you create all new data transfers by using Atrium Integrator and that you migrate your existing BMC Atrium Integration Engine data exchanges to Atrium Integrator as part of your BMC Atrium Core 8.0 implementation.
The AIE to AI Migration Tool enables you to automate the migration of your existing BMC Atrium Integration Engine data exchanges to corresponding jobs and transformations in Atrium Integrator. For information about AIE to AI Migration Tool, see Overview of the AIE to AI Migration Tool.
If you are using BMC Atrium Integration Engine in your production environment, you might have configured multiple data exchanges to transfer data from external data stores to BMC Remedy AR System forms or to BMC Atrium CMDB. To improve performance when transferring a large amount of data, you might have also set up multiple instances of BMC Atrium Integration Engine. In Atrium Integrator all migrated data exchanges run under a single carte server.
After you have migrated the data exchanges to a single Atrium Integrator server, you can open multiple sessions of BMC Atrium Integrator Spoon to run different jobs. Each BMC Atrium Integrator Spoon session is a different processes. If you have multiple carte servers (server group installation), you can run the job pointing on a specific carte server. For more information see, Atrium Integrator in a server group environment.
For information about how Atrium Integrator terminology and tasks correspond to BMC Atrium Integration Engine terminology and tasks, see Mapping BMC Atrium Integration Engine tasks and terminology to Atrium Integrator.