Migrating BMC Atrium Core data
You can migrate data from one BMC Atrium Core server to another. The most common reason to migrate data from one server to another is to move your BMC Atrium Core implementation into production.
When you install BMC Atrium Core, you first work on a development server to design your system. After you refine and test your system on the development server, you migrate BMC Atrium Core to a production server. The production server is a copy of the development server that is ready for your users.
Before migrating your BMC Atrium Core data, make sure both your BMC Atrium Core servers are configured and running.
When migrating BMC Atrium Core, migrate the components in the following order so that the correct dependencies are in place.
1) Migration of BMC Remedy AR System support data from source servers to target servers
2) Migrating BMC Atrium CMDB class definitions and instances
3) Migration of Product Catalog data
4) Migration of normalization jobs and settings
5) Migration of reconciliation jobs and dataset settings
6) Manual configuration of federated data on your production server
These procedures cover the steps for migrating only BMC Atrium Core settings and data. If you have other BMC applications installed on your development server that integrate with BMC Atrium Core, such as BMC Remedy Asset Management, you must migrate that data separately.