Installing Service Pack 2
The following topics are provided:
Before you begin
- You must have downloaded the latest service pack, as described in Downloading the installation files section.
- You must install a minimum version of BMC Remedy AR System server 8.1.02 before installing BMC Atrium Core 8.1.02.
- Make sure that the AR System server that the application connects to is running.
- Choose different directories for your AR System server and BMC Atrium Core. If you install both these products in the same directory, certain library errors might occur. BMC recommends that you accept the default location that is provided for these products during installation.
- Make sure that no users are logged in to the AR System server during the installation.
- You must install the
bcutility on a UNIX computer before you run the BMC Atrium Core 8.1.00 Service Pack 2 installer.
- You can use the Atrium Integrator 8.1.00 Service Pack 2 client installer to deploy the BMC Atrium Integrator Spoon to connect to the
AIntRepositoryon the BMC Remedy AR System server 8.1.00 Service Pack 2.
- If you are using BMC Configuration Drift Management 7.5.00, you must apply hotfix SW00407536 so that BMC Configuration Drift Management 7.5.00 works smoothly with BMC Atrium Core 7.6.04 Service Pack 5. Hotfix SW00407536 and the read me file for this hotfix are available at ftp://ftp.bmc.com/pub/BSM/AtriumCore/Hotfixes/Drift/SW00407536/.
- Make sure that go through the ports information given in Understanding port numbers for new installations section.
The BMC Atrium Core 8.1.00 Service Pack 2 installer is stand-alone in nature. You do not require an installation of BMC Atrium Core 8.1.00 as a prerequisite to installing Service Pack 2.
Installing Service Pack 2
You can update a specific feature or all features with the installer.
- If you previously installed any features by using the original BMC Atrium Core 8.1.00 installer, the check boxes for these features are automatically selected when you run a service pack installer. If you leave the check boxes selected, the features are upgraded. If you clear the check boxes, the features are not upgraded, but they remain on your computer.
- If you install any features by using a service pack installer (instead of the release 8.1.00 installer), and then you use that service pack installer again to install another feature on the same computer, the check boxes for the previously installed features are selected. These features are not re-installed, but the installer checks for missing files and restores them if necessary.
Validating the installation of Service Pack 2
To validate the installation of BMC Atrium Core 8.1.00 Service Pack 2, check to see if the following changes appear:
- The Version application property against each component of BMC Atrium Core on the SHARE:Application_Properties form is set to 8.1.02.000000.
- The Patch application property on the SHARE:Application_Properties form is reset to 000000 if you had installed a patch earlier (for example, 7.5 patch 006).
- The version number on the BMC Atrium Core console is set to 8.1.02.000000 (to view the version number, click About on the BMC Atrium Core console).