Installation enhancements in version 8.1.00
The BMC Atrium Core Web services Infrastructure components are installed along with the BMC Atrium Core Web services.
In the upgrade mode, the installer upgrades only the BMC Atrium Core Web Services and BMC Atrium Core Web Services Registry.
- You need to specify if you want to run the installer in upgrade or install mode in the newly added Install Mode panel.
- During installation, you can choose to install only those components that you need. There is no option for Minimal or Custom installation (The Set up type panel is not available).
- In upgrade mode, you don’t need to enter the destination directory information. The installer uses the existing location.
- During upgrade, if pre-check errors occur, a link is displayed in the Pre-checks of BMC Atrium Core panel that refers to the relevant troubleshooting information.
- Post-install health check during installation is optional. The post-install health check happens after the installation. However, BMC recommends you choose to run the post-install health check during installation.
- To reduce manual user inputs, the number of panels in the installer are reduced.
The following diagram illustrates the flow of the simplified BMC Atrium Core 8.1 new installation:
For information about issues corrected in this release, see Known and corrected issues.