Improving performance of Atrium Integrator
Following are some recommendations that can improve the performance of Atrium Integrator:
- Create index entries on:
BMC_BaseElementclass for keys that are used as primary keys in the CMDB Output plugin and Lookup step in Atrium Integrator Spoon.
External data stores for transformations with the External Data to CMDB data direction and for relationship transformations.
- Provide minimum and maximum values for the Fast Thread and List Thread options in the BMC Remedy AR System Administration Console. For more information about the Fast Thread and List Thread options and how to specify the number of threads, see Defining queues and configuring threads.
- Launch multiple copies of a step. For optimum performance, you can launch 20 copies of a step. You can also use the following formula:
Number of copies=Number of CPUs x 3 threads
For more information, see Launching several copies of a step in BMC Atrium Integrator Spoon.
- For all data transfer jobs created by using the Integration Job Builder wizard, the CMDBOutput step is set to launch three times. Depending on the configuration of your computer, you can increase the number of copies of the CMDBOutput step to increase the overall throughput of the data transfer job. BMC recommends that you set th
- To run bulk job (more than one million) from Atrium Integrator console, the JVM size of the Carte server must be minimum 2GB. To increase the JVM size of Carte server, update the required JVM size in armonitor.conf file.
For bulk transfer, you must use 64 bit JVM. 32 bit JVM does not support data transfer of more than 2 GB.
- Set the Is Cache Required option to Yes to improve performance in update cycle.