Enabling debug logging
You can configure and test data exchanges by using the debug option. The debugging files provide detailed operational information to diagnose errors in a data exchange. You can log various levels of debug information from the Data Exchanges Information window.
To enable debug logging
- On the Data Exchanges Information window, select the Advance Settings tab.
- In the Enable Debug Logging field, click Yes.
- In the Debug File Path field, browse to select the location for the debug files.
If you enable debug logging but do not specify a path for the file, the log is written to the default debug path that you specified during installation of BMC Atrium Core. In the Debug File Creation area, perform one of the following steps:
- To create new log files and write the contents of the previous log files to the dataExchangeName_timeStamp.bak file, click Create Backup.
- To preserve the log files and their contents, click Append To Existing. New information is appended to the existing file or is wrapped to the top of the file, depending on the value in the Max Debug Size field.
- In the Max Debug Size field, type the maximum size (in bytes) for the log file.
You cannot set the log file size smaller than 4096 because that could be the length of a single log line. When the log file reaches the maximum limit, depending on the Log-File Creation settings, either the backup file is created or the new information wraps to the top of the file, overwriting the old information.
- In the Enable Thread Based Logging field, click Yes to create thread-based log files.
The name of the log file would be formatted as follows:
- In the Debug Level area, select any of the following check boxes:
- API Calls — Logs information about all API calls made by BMC Atrium Integration Engine. Information is logged on entry and exit of every API call.
- SQL Statements — Logs SQL commands sent to the database. Information is logged for each SQL command issued, including a time stamp.
- Record Summary — Logs summary information for each record. Summary information includes whether the record is being added, updated, or deleted, and whether that operation was successful.
- Record Details — Logs detailed level information for each record. Details are provided at the field level. Information can include the value for each Source field, how it is getting converted to the Destination field after applying any rules, and whether the record is successfully added, updated, or deleted.
- Click Apply To All Exchanges.
The debug settings are applied to all exchanges that are in the Active state.
- Click Save.