Creating a new data store connection in Atrium Integrator
Consider the following when creating data store connections:
- For XML and CSV connection, if there are too many files in the folder, check if the fields from these files are populated in NGIE:FileMetaData file before you create a job.
- For XML and CSV connection, do not add files under root folder.
- For database connection, if you plan to create a transformation with Response enabled, ensure that user has permissions to access the associated tables in the data base.
- You can create a CSV or XML datastore connection with a remote Atrium Integrator Carte server.
To support this capability, Job_FileMetaLoader job is added to Atrium Integrator sample jobs. Do not delete this job or you will not be able to create CSV or XML datastore connection with Atrium Integrator Carte server. For more information, see Using Atrium Integrator sample jobs.
To create data store connection
- In the BMC Remedy AR System Home Page, select BMC Atrium Integrator > Atrium Integrator.
The Atrium Integrator console appears.
- Click Manage Data Store Connections
The Manage Data Stores window appears, with a list of defined data sources.
Manage Data Stores window
- Click New Data Store
The New Data Store section appears on the right side of the Manage Data Stores window.
New Data Store section of the Manage Data Stores window
Select the Data Store Type.
The fields below the Data Store Type change depending on the data store that you selected.
You must specify only the server name, and not the fully qualified domain name, in the Database Host Name field.
- To create a connection to BMC Remedy AR System, complete the following steps. To create a connection to a CSV or XML file, skip to step 6. To create a connection to a database, skip to step 7.
- Type a name for the connection.
- In the AR Server Name field, type the name of your BMC Remedy AR System server.
- (optional ) In the Port field, type the port number.
(optional) Type the port number.
You can specify a private RPC Program Number for data transfers into BMC Atrium CMDB through BMC Atrium Integrator Spoon. You must use the ports defined by BMC Atrium CMDB. For more information about the RPC ports defined by BMC Atrium CMDB, see RPC ports in BMC Atrium CMDB.
- Type the password to log on to BMC Remedy AR System.
To create a connection to a CSV or XML file, complete the following steps:
You must structure your XML source file based on the sample PULL_MONITOR.xml file that is located in the ARInstallationDirectory\diserver\data-integration\NGIE-Sample directory.
- In the Data Store Name field, type a name for the connection.
- In the Directory Path field, specify the path to the folder that contains the source file.
- From the Carte Server drop-down list, select the Atrium Integrator Carte server.
- Click Refresh to get the latest file.
- If space is used in a field or column in the CSV or XML file then the space is replaced by an underscore.
- The source files must be on the same computer on which you have installed the Atrium Integrator server.
- For an XML connection, duplicate attributes will be renamed with an underscore and copy number( attribute name1, _attribute name_2 and so on)
- To create a connection to a database, complete the following steps:
Creating a connection to a database
- Type a name for the connection.
- Enter the host name.
- Specify the database type.
- Enter the name of the database you want to connect to.
The default port for the specified database is displayed.
- (optional ) For a SQL Server database, type the instance name.
- Type the user ID and password to log on to the database.
- Click Test Connection to verify the connection parameters.
The data store connection is created and displayed in the Data Stores section on the left side of the Manage Data Stores window. Each connection has an icon attached to it depending on the data store type, as described in the following table.
Icons associated with data stores
Associated data store type
Click on a data store to view the connection parameter details for that source.