Configuring BMC Atrium Integration Engine
After installing BMC Atrium Integration Engine, you must complete the post-installation configuration tasks described in following sections:
Providing correct database client directory paths for Oracle and DB2
To make sure that data exchanges occur correctly with Oracle and DB2 adapters, modify client directory of database in the aie001 script with the correct database client directory path.
Perform the following additional configuration tasks according to your environment:
- To run Database Field Menus for DB2, set the appropriate DB2 client directory path in db2helper.sh (located in ARSystemInstallationDirectory/bin ).
- To run the Oracle adapter on UNIX, set
ORACLE_HOMEwith the appropriate Oracle client directory (either on shell or profile).
Enabling BMC Atrium Integration Engine for Oracle Instant Client
Use the following procedure to enable BMC Atrium Integration Engine for environments containing Oracle Instant Client.
- Copy the files that are packaged for the Oracle Instant Client:
- For the 64-bit client on UNIX, create a lib directory and copy the files to it.
- For the 32-bit client on UNIX, copy the files to the lib32 directory.
- For Windows, copy the files to the bin directory.
- Create the tnsnames.ora and sqlnet.ora files for UNIX and Microsoft Windows in the Ora64BitClient\network\admin directory, providing appropriate entries to connect to the respective databases.