Checking the compatibility matrix for system requirements and supported configurations for new installations
Consult the BMC Solution and Product Availability and Compatibility Utility for the following 8.1 product compatibility and system configuration information:
- AR System server hardware platforms and operating system support
- AR System server database support
- Java support
- Mid tier web / application server, servlet engine, and browser support
- BMC Developer Studio operating system and browser support
- Virtual environment support
- Screen reader support
- Language offerings
- BMC product compatibility
- Changes in support from the previous release
The system requirements for BMC Remedy AR System also apply to BMC Remedy Approval Server, BMC Remedy Email Engine, BMC Remedy Distributed Server Option (DSO), BMC Remedy Encryption Performance Security and BMC Remedy Encryption Premium Security.
- Navigate to http://www.bmc.com/support/product-availability-compatibility.
- Click BMC Solution and Product Availability and Compatibility Utility.
- In the Product Name field, enter or select the product name.
You can enter a partial name of a product and the utility autocompletes the name for you. For example, Remedy.
- In the Product Version field, enter the version number.
- Review the compatibility information listed in the tabs at the bottom of the page.
To access the product compatibility information on the Customer Support website, you must have a Support login.
For known issues or potential incompatibilities between BMC products and products from other vendors, review the compatibility matrixes.