Obtaining BMC Remedy license keys for a new installation
A license key is a value that enables you to activate a license. In BMC Remedy AR System 8.0.00, only AR System server licenses require keys. Each key is tied to a particular server; a unique entry for each server is therefore required within the Add or Remove Licenses form.
If you purchased your AR System server license through a BMC sales representative or over the web, you can download the product from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) site. Access the EPD site from the BMC Customer Support website at http://www.bmc.com/support.
Information about obtaining your license key for the AR System server will be sent to you after your purchase is processed. You can request a temporary license key while your permanent key is processed. Access the Licensing and Passwords site at http://www.bmc.com/support.
If you do not know your user ID and password for the site, contact Customer Support by telephone or email.
To obtain a key, you must provide the following information:
- Support contract ID
- Purchase order number
- Email address
- AR System server version
- AR System server host ID
- Install BMC Remedy AR System.
- Open the AR System Administration Console.
- Click System > General > Add or Remove Licenses.
The Current Host ID is displayed in the upper-right corner of the Add or Remove Licenses form.
- Open a command window on the server computer.
- At the prompt, enter ipconfig /all.
- Find the physical address for the server computer.
In the following screenshot, the physical address is 00-FF-B0-AB-3D-07.
(Click the image to expand it.)
BMC uses the physical address of your computer without the dashes.
- To use the server host ID to obtain your license key, remove the dashes from the physical address.
In this example, the server host ID that BMC uses to license the AR System server is 00FFB0AB3D07.
- Send this information to BMC Customer Support to generate a license key for your server.