Managing BMC Atrium CMDB extensions
The Extension Loader feature enables you to install BMC Atrium Configuration Management Database (BMC Atrium CMDB) classes from one server to another. Use the Extension Loader either to extend the BMC Atrium CMDB or to install an extension pack. The Extension Loader can also install objects other than the data model extensions. However, this section covers only the instructions for installing class and attribute extensions including:
- Accessing the Extension Loader
- Manually creating BMC Atrium CMDB extensions
- Verifying your installed extensions
- Installing BMC Atrium CMDB extensions
You can generate class extensions by using the following methods:
- Create installer action files manually (see Manually creating BMC Atrium CMDB extensions) and install new extensions (see Installing BMC Atrium CMDB extensions). BMC recommends that you use this method.
- Package the extension files (see Packaging BMC Atrium CMDB extensions). These files are not in the proper format and you must use the Extension Loader to convert them.
For more information about extending the CDM, see Creating, modifying, or deleting classes with the Class Manager. If you encounter errors when using the Extension Loader to install the extensions, see: